[c-nsp] NTPv4 sync issues with 7600

Thomas Sillaber tlist99 at t-online.de
Thu Jul 3 03:32:58 EDT 2014

Hi all,

we are testing a new 7600 IOS release (15.2(4)S4a) and run into issues with
ntpv4 sync in a hierarchical ntp design setup. When using ntp master command
for local fallback in case of remote ntp servers failure or cnx problems the
router never syncs to the configured server. It's always synced to the local
clock and all peers and serverw are marked as insane/invalid. With ntpv3 we
saw no issues in this setup. Due to information from Cisco we changed the
max-poll parameter to 4 and changed the stratum design to a diff of 2
between the server and a client (with ntp master enabled) with no effect.

Does anybody have similar issues? - any hints?

TIA and br

Thomas