[c-nsp] UDLD enabling port prematurely?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Jul 17 08:52:43 EDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-17 at 17:00 +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Peter Rathlev wrote:
> >    no errdisable recovery cause udld
> >
> > Problem is that you have to intervene manually to enable the interface
> > after service has been restored.
>
> I may be already unable to reach the switch remotely to intervene
> manually, after the interface has been errdisabled for good.

In that case you could have the remote switch automatically recover but
than have the closest switch not do that. As long as one end is down you
will not create a loop. And when the end-to-end connectivity has been
restored you can raise the link on the closest switch also without
disruption.

> > I'm not aware of a more elegant solution to your problem, but I'm
> > interested in hearing about one.
>
> What if I try the non-aggressive UDLD, would it make any difference?

As far as I understand non-aggressive mode it wouldn't actually take
down your link when you have a fault in the end-to-end L2 connectivity.
It just keeps you from initially connecting something that might be
unidirectional.

--
Peter