[c-nsp] SSH problems on cisco generally

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Thu Jul 24 01:10:21 EDT 2014

Hi,

     In my environment I use ssh and on my workstation I usually have
the ssh-agent running storing my keys for me so that I can more easilly
do passwordless logins.

     On all of my cisco boxes however, I can't login unless I disable
the ssh-agent as it seems to confuse the box. For example, with the
agent running and the SSH_AUTH_SOCK environment variable which tells SSH
how to talk to my agent, I get this:

ssh -l mylogin some3560g.my.network.com
Connection closed by x.x.x.x.

Disabling the agent however, gets me this:

SSH_AUTH_SOCK=0 ssh -l mylogin some3560g.my.network.com
some3560g>

Setting "SSH_AUTH_SOCK=0" just means the agent won't be found and thus
ssh won't try rsa.

My unix boxes all have no issues with this. Im suspecting it's a config
issue, perhaps something with the keys or somesuch, I just don't
understand.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mike-