[c-nsp] Help: attach a service-policy to an interface, without knowing which one is already attached

Michele Bergonzoni bergonz at labs.it
Tue Mar 11 10:02:48 EDT 2014

Il 11/03/2014 14:03, Garrett Skjelstad ha scritto:
> Why not frequently pull the config using the config-copy-MiB, link
> and store the interface & service-policy in a DB (or I guess CSV) and
> use that? I suppose you could also just in time pull the config, but
> for every transaction that would suck.
>
> You do need TFTP access for this...

Thanks Garrett, this is one of the workarounds that can apply, it is not
ugly per se, but it is impractical in my particular and strange
environment: I would have to ask for SNMP write access, explain why I
need it, have it approved and implemented, it will probably be the ugly
SNMPv3, etc. It will take days.

I can also have RANCID save configs and parse thems from my program,
or retrieve data from IOS web interface, but all these workaround
require bureaucracy in my particular environment.

In fact, the workaround I will probably implement if the "perfect
solution" turns out to be nonexistent is what you describe as "that
would suck".

Thank you again for your help,

					Bergonz

--
Ing. Michele Bergonzoni - Laboratori Guglielmo Marconi S.p.a.
Phone:+39-051-6781926 e-mail: bergonz at labs.it
alt.advanced.networks.design.configure.operate