[c-nsp] ASR1K software trains

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Wed Mar 12 19:32:38 EDT 2014

On Mar 8, 2014, at 3:26 AM, Lukas Tribus wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> In the world of IOS-XE, is there an equivalent to the old "S" train
>> for service provider use?
>
> In IOS-XE there is no distinction such as S/M/T or GD.
>
> What you do have in IOS-XE is Extended-Support releases and Standard-Support
> releases [1]. For new deployments I would recommend the latest rebuild of
> the 3.10S train, which is 3.10.02S (3.7S has already been EOL'ed). You can
> also see that they have "ext" or "std" in the filename.

Dang, I was kind of in the neighborhood.  At a URL I can no longer dig up, I saw that 3.7S was to be supported for a very, very long time, so I thought I'd found a good candidate there.  Right now CCO is giving me an error on pretty much everything, so I can't get a better look at the list, but perhaps I can refine my question anyhow…

Since this is a single-RP router (no "issu" available, I believe) and we're not asking for too much from it, I'd like to avoid service interruptions just to follow a short-lived release.