[c-nsp] more net flow, which interfaces to monitor and in which direction?

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Wed May 21 21:31:38 EDT 2014

On May 22, 2014, at 8:11 AM, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:

> It seems unwise (and complicated) to add an ingress flow statement on every subinterface.

How is it unwise and complicated?

Enable it, it's done.  Simple.

>  If I could just add an “ingress” and “egress” statement to each of my two transit connections, that seems more ideal.  Is this something I should *not* do on modern hardware?

Check with Cisco - it's caused issues on other platforms in the past.

But I don't understand your rationale for not wanting visibility into all your traffic passing through the routers in question.  You don't want traceback for outbound/crossbound traffic emanating from your subscribers?

                   Equo ne credite, Teucri.

    		   	  -- Laocoön