[c-nsp] SFP's (Third party) for ME3600

Lobo lobotiger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 11:47:36 EDT 2014

Similar issues here.  The only 1000BaseT SFPs that we've gotten to work
are the Cisco branded ones.  Some of the other brands/manufacturers
we've used have given mixed results.  In one instance we had plugged in
a 10/100/1000 SFP and tried connecting it to a Cisco 3750 FE port.  The
FE port on the 3750 would come up but it would not come up on the 3600X
side.  Swapping the SFP with a Cisco branded one would resolve the issue
most of the time.  The 3600X has proven to be one of the more finicky
switches in terms of accepting non Cisco branded SFPs.

Jose