[c-nsp] MPLS-TE on ME3600

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 05:10:46 EDT 2014

On 11 September 2013 17:15, Eric Van Tol <eric at atlantech.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm a bit confused about the documentation for the ME3600 with regard to its MPLS-TE support.  Specifically, the 'MPLS TE' section (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/15.3_3_S/configuration/guide/swmpls.html#wp1183331) states:
>
> The switch does not support these MPLS TE features:
> *Interarea TE support for OSPF and IS-IS
> *TE path protection
> "The switch supports MPLS TE fast reroute over only routed ports and not over SVIs or EtherChannels."

Hi All,

To revive this old thread, I'm building out some MPLS-TE tunnels on
15.3.3S code;

Does anyone know if ME3x00's support MPLS-TE FRR over SVIs and
EtherChannels yet; Is this in 15.4 or 15.3.3S3? If so I might be able
to push for an upgrade.

Also I saw this line on that page the ME3600s do have "Support for LDP
over TE tunnels for Layer 3 VPN traffic by entering the mpls ip
interface configuration command on the tunnel interface. The switch
does not support LDP over TE tunnels for Layer 2 VPN traffic" - What
happens with L2VPNs in this case? Do the PEs signal seperate PE-to-PE
LDP LSPs along side the TE LSPs?

Cheers,
James.