[c-nsp] Connecting PoP's with long distance

Ivan cisco-nsp at itpro.co.nz
Fri Sep 5 22:14:32 EDT 2014

Hi Jared,

This is something I have also been looking at. Is there any particular
brand of XFP you have had success with?

If we take the Cisco "80km" ZR we have TX 0 to 4 dBm and RX -7 to -24
dBm - worst case 24dB budget excluding splices, patches etc.  Assuming
0.2dB/km 120km would be right on the limits.  I would like to have some
buffer.

Thanks

Ivan