[c-nsp] /31's on Eth p-t-p links instead of /30's

Spyros Kakaroukas skakaroukas at rolaware.com
Thu Sep 11 02:35:51 EDT 2014

Hello,

We've been using /31s wherever we can for quite a while now. Never had any problems with it on cisco ( or any other quality vendor ) routers/switches. The only issue is that, on customer-facing links, there's the occasional customer device that does not support it ( or even worse, lets you configure it and then arps for every destination instead of routing to the other end ). In those cases, we just switch to /30s .

Spyros Kakaroukas
IP Engineer / CCIE #36537

Rolaware Hellas SA
78 Kifisias Avenue, Marousi, 15125, Greece
T:  +30 211 000 7089 | M: +30 695 676 0684
F:  +30 211 000 7099 | E: skakaroukas at rolaware.com

? Consider our environment – Think before you print ?