[c-nsp] WLC5700 and Unparalleled scalable wireless solution

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Sep 30 00:50:11 EDT 2014

Pavel Skovajsa wrote:

>> I just noticed that Cisco has a new wireles LAN controller namely
>> 5700. Its documentation tells that the system will support "up to
>> 72,000 APs" when using "Unparalleled scalable wireless solution". I
>> tried looking for information of this Unparalleled scalable wireless
>> solution but I was not able to find any.
>
> You can find much more technical details by searching for the "Converged
> Access" on Cisco Live pages.

Thank you. Those two were the magic words needed. Also, it seems WLC
5760 does not support more APs that what WiSM2 already does. The both
devices support 1000 APs per box and 72000 APs in mobility domain. And
what I would like to have is a controller (pair) that would support more
than 1000 APs without any additional visible complexity.

Cheers,

Matti