[c-nsp] Cisco IOS XR event manager run

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Apr 7 02:23:47 EDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-06 at 15:17 +0300, Mohammad Khalil wrote:
> The user is created with the correct privileges and the policy is
> registered
>
> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ASR9K#event manager run backup.tcl
> Mon Apr  6 15:15:47.956 EET
> Could not run backup.tcl: policy is not registered

Don't know about XR but in plain IOS a policy can only be registered for
one trigger type, and running manually is a trigger type. So you need
the policy to contain:

  ::cisco::eem::event_register_none tag "Run manually"

in the top if it's to be run manually.

When debugging I use the above line and then change only that line (and
re-register the policy) to put it in production.

--
Peter