[c-nsp] Nightmare for load balancing of L2VPN traffic on CRS (traffic from ME3600)

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Thu Apr 16 17:58:04 EDT 2015

> Daniel Verlouw
> Sent: 15 April 2015 21:50
> getting offtopic, but wondering what you mean with complicated and
> hacky about the load balancing algo on Trio?
> Trio hash includes;
> - upto 5 labels
> - ipv4/v6 payload contents (and yes, it checks the packet' length to
> avoid the "4" or "6" DMAC issue)
> - for ethernet pw it can skip upto 2 vlans and still include its
> ipv4/v6 payload (if any)

I was struggling to find any good information on how the L2 hashing continues after the L2 header in PW.
So I guess I'd like to ask if you have actually tested whether the hashing compares the QinQ stack and even goes beyond and consults the IP header if present please?
I'd really appreciate any pointers.
Thank you

adam