[c-nsp] Cat 3750E w/ MAC learning disabled shutting port?

Sascha E. Pollok sp at iphh.net
Fri Apr 24 10:09:22 EDT 2015

Hello people,

I am looking for an explanation for a strange port flap that I
experienced this afternoon and out of desperation (and because I can not
find an answer on Cisco, Google, you name it and I am not yet desperate
enough to open a TAC case) I am posting here.

Here is the situation:
Catalyst 3750E has several VLANs. One VLAN has mac-learning disabled.
The VLAN is tagged on one TenG interface and untagged on a GigE.
The TenG interface went down due to a transmission problem. The GigE
interface went Lineproto-down too. Thats weird.

Has anyone seen the behavior that a 3750E might take the 2nd interface
of a VLAN down in case the first interface goes down when mac-learning
is disabled?

I know it seems odd probably (at least to me). I would expect the
interface to stay up. Running 15.0(2)SE2.

Thanks + cheers
Sascha