[c-nsp] Upgrading Catalyst 6500 from 720-3B to 720-3BXL

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Tue Apr 28 14:28:35 EDT 2015

Fernando,

> On 28 Apr 2015, at 18:18, Fernando García Fernández <listas at cutre.net> wrote:
>
> Hello John and Gert
>
> I assume that I must reboot. But what I wanted is to have a procedure that minimizes the downtime and allows me to go back if anything goes wrong.
>
> If I don’t activate redundancy, could I copy the configuration from the active RSP to the new one so when I reboot with it (shuting down, removing old RSP) It can go up with the new one?

It will work, but the 3BXL Sup will boot in 3B mode. After you do
all the copying, cleaning and so on, you’ll need to remove the 3B
and reboot the 3BXL.

BTW, if you plan to run on one Sup only, you can actually move
the 6748 into the vacant Sup slot to use power reserved anyway for
Sup and keep other slots free. But it will also influence the
config (interface numbering).

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |            Łukasz Bromirski
you don't know what you're talking      |   jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
about."               John von Neumann  | http://lukasz.bromirski.net