[c-nsp] Is there a command to check which BGP ingress policy drops the received prefix in Cisco ASR routers?

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 18:35:46 EDT 2015

> Mark Tinka
> Sent: 10 August 2015 10:51
> > However, inbound policy for this BGP neighbor is built of dozen other
> > route-policies using the "apply"(executes a policy from within another
> > policy) statement. I was hoping that maybe there is a command which
> > displays exactly which route-policy drops the prefix.
>
> Hmmh, don't know of such a command in any router OS code. You'll just
> have to go through the entire policy, line by line.
>
> I know Junos has the ability for you test your policies against the
> routing table to see what they match. Don't know of such a command in
> IOS XR, although I'm not sure it would help in this case.

There is the "show ip bgp route-map" in vanilla IOS and "show bgp policy route-policy" in XR.

And with regards to Martin's question there's the "sh bgp ipv4 unicast neighbors <neighbor-address> received prefix-filter <filter-name>" cmd to at least help you find/rule out prefix-filter responsible for the prefix blocking.

adam

        Adam Vitkovsky
        IP Engineer

T:      0333 006 5936
E:      Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
W:      www.gamma.co.uk

This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd, trading as “Gamma”. The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. This email is not intended to create any legal relationship. No one else may place any reliance upon it, or copy or forward all or any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you receive this email in error, please accept our apologies, we would be obliged if you would telephone our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email postmaster at gamma.co.uk

Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with limited liability, with registered number 04340834, and whose registered office is at 5 Fleet Place London EC4M 7RD and whose principal place of business is at Kings House, Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5BY.