[c-nsp] PBB-EVPN

Ivan Walker ivan at itpro.co.nz
Tue Aug 25 06:28:25 EDT 2015

I have been looking into PBB-EVPN and would be interested in hearing
experience from others.

As far as I have understood there are two real benefits:
1) PBB / MAC in MAC reduces the load on BGP as BGP only needs to worry
about the B-MACs
2) Per-flow redundancy and load balancing

Is it correct that the only way to connect  a CE device to 2 PEs for all
active per-flow redundancy is via LACP?  Given that LACP operates at the
physical port level this seems a little limiting.  I am thinking scenarios
where the PE-CE link(s) may be some kind of l2 service from  third parties
delivered over a shared NNI, or perhaps where pseudowire attachment
circuits are used (into the I-Component).

Thanks

Ivan