[c-nsp] Non Cisco SFP

Rick Martin rick.martin at arkansas.gov
Mon Feb 2 10:29:41 EST 2015

 I am glad to see this thread, we are on the cusp of making the plunge into aftermarket optics and have been looking for anything to tip the scale one way or the other. I had a chat with a Gartner fellow a couple of weeks ago and the outcome of that call did not tip the scales for me. This thread is providing me with great information - thanks!

 We are also looking at aftermarket DAC or Twinax cables, what has been your experience with those in a Cisco environment? We have had a couple dozen Dell DAC's connecting Dell servers to HP 5900's with good success but have not tried any in our Nexus environment.

Thanks!

Rick Martin
Network Architect
State of Arkansas, Department of Information Systems
(501) 682-4037