[c-nsp] ios aaa

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Sat Feb 28 21:11:30 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to have our cisco boxes use two different methods for authentication.

Radius and local.

At present we have Radius working nicely.

What  I would like to do is also have local username function.

So that if the user is NOT in radius, but IS on the device locally it
will authenticate and let that user on.

In addition, if radius is dead, the local username will allow a person on.

This would be via  serial console, or ssh, or telnet (for those few
devices we have left that don't support ssh)

I haven't found anything that is clear and makes sense.  I'm hoping
someone has a cut and paste, or a pointer to a working setup.  If this
is possible.

thanks