[c-nsp] ME3600X mLDP

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jul 10 05:30:11 EDT 2015

On 10/Jul/15 10:56, James Bensley wrote:
> Agreed, in the earlier code versiosn we had some faily ridiculous bugs
> on the ME3's that just fed my every grown lack of faith with Cisco in
> their ability to test their own code. Bugs like pseudowires not
> forwarding any data traffic at all, I mean how can you miss that!

We started working on this box back in late 2009 when Cisco were just
about ready to start shipping. Those days (even at the time of FCS), it
was 12.2EY. We always knew that we'd be rebooting the box every couple
of weeks-to-months for about 3x years, but we were fine with that
because Cisco were really the only vendor at the time that offered us a
solution to get MPLS all the way into the Access in a manner that made
sense (platform size, form factor, cost, feature set, e.t.c.).

Mark.