[c-nsp] VPLS BGP Signaling

Mohammad Khalil eng_mssk at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:52:20 EDT 2015

Another interesting article in regards
http://www.networkers.fi/blog/dci-with-pbb-evpn-and-cisco-asr9000/

BR,
Mohammad

From: snyderq at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 08:24:07 -0700
To: Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] VPLS BGP Signaling
CC: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net

> On Jul 27, 2015, at 05:18, Adam Vitkovsky <Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Ooh and forgot to mention very good introductory material is from Cisco live -on demand library: BRKMPL-2333 - E-VPN & PBB-EVPN

for what its worth —

this is a very solid class to help your understanding of evpn, and most importantly pbb-evpn.  i’ve told several people who have little understanding of it to watch the on-demand class — and they have come away with a solid “intro” understanding of “why its a good thing”™ and “what does this do”.

>> EVPN is supported only on A9ks as far as I know (on A1k only as AF in BGP for RR functionality).

also — adam — evpn is also supported on nexus 9000-series, but the use-case is different.  evpn is used for vxlan within the datacenter to provide layer-2 over layer-3 fabric.
still a few bugs, but it works.

q.
quinn snyder | snyderq at gmail.com