[c-nsp] Cisco ASR1002x + SPA Adapter (SPA-1X10GE-L-V2) Issues

Richard Hicks richard.hicks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 13:04:16 EDT 2015

I have a bunch of 1002-X routers and have this issue with every...
single... one.
I takes a reload of the entire chassis for the 10G card to be detected.
I have experienced this problem with 3.7, 3.10, and 3.13.

I worked with TAC for a few hours back in Nov 2013, trying to avoid a full
reload, but none of the commands would work.
They might have something now, but I just plan to do a reload when
introducing a new SPA into a 1002-X.
I still try the OIR each time, but never works.

Our ASR1006 routers do not have this problem.  10G cards are seen as soon
as inserted.

Rick