[c-nsp] Nexus Layer 2 Multicast and IGMP querier

Chris Marget chris at marget.com
Fri Mar 20 12:45:00 EDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 2:12 AM, Stoward, Matt <
Matt.Stoward at team.telstra.com> wrote:

> as the VLAN only allows one igmp querier address multicast will break for
> servers that talk on another range that the querier address does not belong
> to (e.g. igmp snooping querier 192.168.34.254 means that 192.168.34.0/24
> cluster will work but a cluster talking on 10.10.10.0/24 will not work).

I think you'll find that this is an imagined limitation. Will NX-OS allow
you to originate queries from 0.0.0.0? If so, use that.

Either way, watch to see whether your servers send host reports in response
to queries from nonsensical querier addresses.

I expect that they will.

/chris