[c-nsp] ASR9001 AIP license

McDonald Richards mcdonald.richards at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 04:01:45 EDT 2015

First: Request an AM/SE who can get you the information you need to make an
educated purchase.

Second: From memory (and its been a year) the ASR 9001 was treated as a
single line card with regard to licensing, similar to a MOD-80 or MOD-160
in a larger chassis. Feel free to correct me here Cisco reps. The only
license enforcement I can remember was throughput on the -S model and the
feature licenses for G709, VRFs, BNG etc.

If I was signing a purchase order however, I would ask Cisco for
guarantees.....