[c-nsp] Port Channel Speed

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon May 11 12:18:05 EDT 2015

On Mon, 11 May 2015, sathish kumar Ippani wrote:

> Here when we checked the sh int portchannel 1. it shows following output.
>
> port-channel1 is up
[...]
>  Members in this channel: Eth1/1, Eth1/2
>  1 interface resets
>  30 seconds input rate 611861136 bits/sec, 64564 packets/sec
>  30 seconds output rate 403292840 bits/sec, 45537 packets/sec

> Would like to know the two different speeds shows in the output. I,e 20Gb
> and 10Gb

If I'm understanding you correctly:

The stats for the port-channel interface are just the total of the stats
for the members of the port-channel.  You can look at the stats for the
individual interfaces (Et1/1 and Et1/2 in this case) to see how much
traffic is going across them.

Hope that helps.

jms