[c-nsp] OSPF per-prefix LFA

Mohammad Khalil eng_mssk at hotmail.com
Thu May 28 07:24:08 EDT 2015

Hi all
I am trying to test the feature
My topology consists of three routers (one of them is CSR1000v) and the other two are 3725 all simulated via GNS3

R1(CSR) is connected to R2 and R3 , there is a direct connection as well between R2 and R3
All routers are configured with a loopback interface with the form of x.x.x.x/32 where x is the router number

Now , R1 is learning R2 loopback interface normally and logically through the direct link with R2

When I shutdown the interface with R2 (as I do not want to turn off the remote interface on R2 as I cannot turn on BFD on GNS3) and I have checked the route to 2.2.2.2 , it took about 5-6 seconds to install the same route via the backup path (via R3)

Now , I have configured the feature on the CSR
CSR(config)#router ospf 1
CSR(config-router)#fast-reroute per-prefix enable area 0 prefix-priority high

And I repeat the same test it took about 4 seconds to learn the prefix via the backup path

Is this the expected behavior or it should be less than that?

Thanks in advance

BR,
Mohammad