[c-nsp] advertise best-external IOS-XE 03.13.03.S

jure brkljacic zblajhani at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 03:59:43 EST 2015

Hi,

i want to use advertise best external- feature on my BGP EDGE routers.

*Cisco 1006 is used as the "backup" router for the international traffic.
*Cisco 1006 best routes are are received over iBGP session.

I want to advertise best external routes to the other EDGE router.But my
BGP session is in address-family ipv4 and i see that this feature is not
supported on this address family

*"**The BGP Best External feature can only be configured on VPNv4, VPNv6,
IPv4 VRF, and IPv6 VRF address families."*

any particular reason that this is not supported on address family ipv4?

Nevertheless 1006 advertise some best external routes to the other EDGE
router ( the number of routes advertised are changed every minute....)

Total number of prefixes 12
Total number of prefixes 15
Total number of prefixes 9

And those prefixes are installed on the other EDGE router(ALU 7750) as
backup path.wtf?

u*>i  83.218.192.0/23                                    None        None
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xx                                      None        -
     as#1 as#2 as#3
*ub*i*  83.218.192.0/23                                    *50*          0
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xx                                     None        -
      as#1 as#2 as#3