[c-nsp] ISDN on 15.1M on 7200?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Nov 30 10:29:09 EST 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 03:37:47PM +0100, Lukas Tribus wrote:
> > possibly naive question to the room... does ISDN BRI still work with
> > 15.1M, as in "is it working for one of you"?
>
> We are successfully using ISDN PRI (E1) at 15.2S (not M) on 7200, and
> ISDN BRI on ISG G2's on different 15.1M and 15.2M releases.
>
> Works fine (but not really what you are using).

Interesting.  I might be willing to test that :-) - but then, PRI is not
BRI... and the error message is very much along the lines of "my BRI
platform code is totally confused".

> > the ISDN S0 itself is working correctly (read: if I call the cisco, I
> > can see the correct data in "debug isdn q931" and "debug isdn events"),
>
> I think you need to debug layer 2 here: debug isdn q921

Yeah, some testing with L2 options (like "no isdn point-to-point-tei", which
for some reason shows up as default in 15.1M) might be a good plan :-)

I assumed L2 would be sane since I saw reasonable q931 messages - but then,
normally you see lots more q921 messages than I had, so maybe it wasn't.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de