[c-nsp] Peering Router/Switch

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Oct 5 05:14:42 EDT 2015

On 5/Oct/15 11:05, Oleksii Zolotarov wrote:

> FYI: Pushing 300Mbps/150Mbps up to channels and same traffic down to
> clients will cause 40..50% CPU usage on 7201 with this kind of
> configuration.

Yes, but CPU and traffic growth on the NPE-G2 is not linear.

I've been able to get 950Mbps out of an NPE-G2 at 91% CPU with no
traffic drops.

Of course, these numbers change if you add ACL's, but not as bad as you
would think if you keep it simple.

Ultimately, a couple hundred Mbps with a typical peering configuration
should be nicely doable for cheap. It all depends on the OP's use-case.

Mark.