[c-nsp] Peering Router/Switch

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Oct 5 06:49:14 EDT 2015

On 5/Oct/15 12:23, Samir Abid Al-mahdi wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the valuable information.
>
> For the 10G port density, do you recommend that I install a 10G port
> Ethernet switch with router on a stick router like your recommendation
> for the ASR ?

The ASR1002 can take 10Gbps ports, but only 3x. Assuming you run a
redundant network, 2x will be for your backbone, leaving 1x for your
peering interconnect. If you will need more peering ports than 1x, then
you'll have to move up to the ASR1004, at least. Other options will be
the ASR9001 or MX104, but then you start hitting your budget constraints
again.

Mark.