[c-nsp] Spanning Tree works great - except when it doesn't

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 07:43:19 EDT 2015

I came across a curly one like this a few months back - turned out the STP handling of native VLan frames VS a non-created but configured native vlan on the downstream switch port.

 The downstream switchport was also configured for native vlan of 999 - BUT vlan999 was not created in the vlan database so defaulted to expecting STP frames untagged I think - it was something like that.