[c-nsp] Nexus 3K NX-OS Version

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 28 21:48:41 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

We have recently purchased a number of these switches(N3K-C3048TP), and am just after recommendation from anyone using them in production as to which NX-OS to use - They came shipped with Vers 5, which apparently doesnt support "some" third party SFP's, so version 6 + 7 are the next options(but must have service unsupported-transceivers" configured) - Version 6 appears to be more mature? (i.e. a lot of releases, latest being 6.0(2)U6(4)), whereas version 7 only has 1 (7.0(3)I2(1a))....they will be purely used for L2, with a single L3 vlan for management(And static default route).

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Cheers.