[c-nsp] Wierd MPLS/VPLS issue

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Fri Dec 2 06:44:21 EST 2016

On Wed Nov 23, 2016 at 12:01:20PM +0000, Simon Lockhart wrote:
> On Fri Nov 04, 2016 at 03:40:05PM +0000, Simon Lockhart wrote:
> > To me, everything *looks* right, it's just that some VPLS traffic traversing
> > the new link gets lost.
>
> For those who are interested...
>
> Well, I finally got to the bottom of this, and have pushed it to Cisco TAC
> for a fix...

Cisco TAC finally accepted the issue. Bug CSCvc33783 has been logged. Nexus BU
has investigated.

Response is...

"[...] unfortunately this is an ASIC limitation on the Nexus 9000 switches and
is therefore not fixable."

If you want a Layer 2 switch that will forward all valid Ethernet frames, I'd
suggest avoiding the Nexus 9000 range...

Simon