[c-nsp] Wierd MPLS/VPLS issue

Christian christian at errxtx.net
Sat Dec 3 06:03:50 EST 2016

Hi,

On 02/12/16 15:55, Lukas Tribus wrote:

> "Clever middleboxes", that one will always be a terrific idea ...

I have funny experiences with c9396 Nexus switches as well.

When transporting BFD over EVPN (BFD between eBGP-peers over Nexus
EVPN), they drop those UDP packets which are just in l2transit right
away. Happens on the 40G ports, does not happen on 10G ports.

BU says its known limitation, which is very weird. I guess that with
next RFI/RFQ I need to explicitely ask for all supported protocols and
services a L2 switch is capable to switch.

I can only suggest to test these devices intensively on all possible
usecases.

cheers
Christian