[c-nsp] IOS XR vrf export route-policy

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Feb 18 22:40:56 EST 2016

I may have found the answer to this...

vrf export route-policy doesn't seem to directly deny prefixes from
advertisement... but according to this one site you can indirectly deny
prefixes... it seems that vrf export route-policy is mainly used to more
granularly assign rt's and add rt's to rt's (additive).

http://www.akbintel.com/mediawiki/index.php/VRF/Config#export_map

http://nagendrakumar-nagendra.blogspot.com/2011/09/mpls-vpn-vrf-export-map.h
tml

I thought it was pretty clever to not put a route-target export x:x and then
whichever prefixes are denied in the export route-policy will drop out of
the route-map logic, and this will not be advertised since there isn't a
route-target export statement in the vrf.  Cool.

Aaron