[c-nsp] 1000BASE-ZX/LH multi-manufacturer interconnection

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sat Jan 16 06:34:14 EST 2016

Livio Zanol Puppim wrote:
> *So my question is: Can I connect 2 equipments of different manufactures
> using their own manufactured transceiver? Will there be a problem in this
> connection?*

it's nearly certain to work fine - almost all transceivers use wide-band
receivers.

But why on earth are you buying vendor transceivers?  Reputable third
party transceivers work just as well and there are several vendors with
transceiver programmers.  Vendor transceivers are mostly a waste of money.

Nick