[c-nsp] loop guard still useful?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Jan 19 08:10:03 EST 2016

On 19 January 2016 at 10:21, Adam Vitkovsky <Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk> wrote:
> Until once NP got frozen keeping the L1 up but no TX -and that's where the BFD saved the day.
>
> So I see now that the UDLD is sort of a BFD for L2 switches.

This is same example as Lukas has, it cannot be used to justify
complexity. It's just logical fallacy, you can't say 'well NPU
software might break, then let's add this UDLD software, to cover that
problem'. Now you have two software's which can fail. Someone smarter
than me, might be able to prove this, or at least prove it's
essentially a halting problem.

--
  ++ytti