[c-nsp] Strange bug - me36500x - ip address on gig interface

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Tue Jul 12 10:10:26 EDT 2016

On 07/12/2016 04:06 AM, James Bensley wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> You haven't mention what IOS/IOS-XE versions you are using.
>
> Is this a 3rd party fibre/wavelength/pseudowire by any change, if so
> have you raised this with the carrier?

Damm. Yes, I am running 15.4(3)S2 on this box at the moment, and yes
it's an ATT metro-ethernet product I am attached to. I just don't
understand - it sure as hell seems that when I tested using my own
network, putting an IP directly on the port (with 'no switchport'), it
worked flawlessly, but the only way to get it to work it seems with the
ATT connection was to create the SVI interface and put my ip
configuration under that. I don't understand the difference which is why
I'm putting it out there.
Mike-