[c-nsp] 6500/7600 TCAM Usage

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jun 1 12:28:54 EDT 2016

On 1 June 2016 at 12:40, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> That was always the documented behaviour on sup720. I never got an
> explanation when I asked as to why it was irreversible.

You can configure 'freeze', 'reset', or 'recover' for exception
action. TAC didn't know what 'recover' does and that option is not
available on newer kit.

I don't think I've had problems just exceeding the FIB. But if
TCAM/FIB is frozen, you really need to reload and reload fast, because
software keeps changing routing but change is not reflected to HW. In
worst case you're leaking some public office's L3MPLS VPN traffic to a
tabloids L3MPLS VPN.

--
  ++ytti