[c-nsp] ASR9k Bundle QoS in 6.0.1

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Jun 2 10:38:25 EDT 2016

On 2 June 2016 at 15:55, Adam Vitkovsky <Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk> wrote:

Hey,

> Arguably there are some benefits in using central arbiter but I'm not really
> convinced.

I don't believe this how ASR9k works. Considering I have no idea how
it works, it's pretty bold statement. I'm fit for management.

> In case of a central arbiter there are out of band links to it. So the
> requests are sent only to two arbiters (primary/backup).

But for what purpose. What can we possibly gain? Why does fabric1 need
to know I'm going to use capacity of fabric2? Signalling this
information has non-trivial cost.

--
  ++ytti