[c-nsp] ME3600X 15.2S memory leak

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Mar 1 05:02:57 EST 2016

On 29/Feb/16 12:17, Spyros Kakaroukas wrote:

> This is interesting.
>
> I've had something that fits your description happen on a me3600x a few days
> ago. I don't have OOB on this box yet ( Hello Murphy! ) but the local logs
> indicate that IS-IS went down, the box stopped routing completely but it did
> not crash or show any other indications of anything awry. Unfortunately the
> local peeps power-cycled it without snapping a sh tech first , so I don't
> have any other info.

This is exactly our issue, Spyros.

If it does happen again to you, please capture the below before
rebooting the device (we got these from TAC):

conf t
 scheduler interval 500
end
!
show interfaces (take this output 5x times)
show spanning-tree detail
show spanning-tree summary
show spanning-tree detail | inc ieee|occurr|from|is exec
show process cpu sorted
show process cpu history
show process memory sorted
show process memory statistics
show platform port-asic stats drop
!
conf t
 service internal
end
!

Run each of the below commands 5x times:

show platform aspdma all_counters 0
show platform aspdma all_counters 1
show platform aspdma all_counters 0
show platform aspdma all_counters 1
show platform asic stats 0
show platform asic stats 1
show platform asic stats 0
show platform asic stats 1
show platform qos policer cpu 0 0
show platform qos policer cpu 1 0
show platform qos policer cpu 2 0
show platform qos policer cpu 3 0
show platform qos policer cpu 6 0
show platform qos policer cpu 7 0
show platform qos policer cpu 8 0
show platform asic  ecc 0
show platform asic  ecc 1
!
sdcli
!

Run each of the below commands 5x times:

                nile stats ipstats 0
                nile stats ipstats 1
                nile stats channel 0
                nile stats channel 1
                nile debug stats 0 ForwardProcessorStats
                nile debug stats 1 ForwardProcessorStats
                nile debug stats 0 EgressHeaderBufferProcessor
                nile debug stats 1 EgressHeaderBufferProcessor
                nile debug stats 0 ChannelCompact
                nile debug stats 1 ChannelCompact
                nile pp reg egrfixptokenin show 0 0
                nile pp reg egrfixptokenout show 0 0
                nile pp reg maceight0flowcontroldropcounter show 0 0
                nile pp reg maceight1flowcontroldropcounter show 0 0
                nile pp reg maceight2flowcontroldropcounter show 0 0
                nile pp reg maceight0flowcontroldropcounter show 1 0
                nile pp reg maceight1flowcontroldropcounter show 1 0
                nile pp reg maceight2flowcontroldropcounter show 1 0
                nile pp reg fixptokenin show 1 0
                nile pp reg fixptokenout show 1 0
                nile pp reg fixptokenin show 0 0
                nile pp reg fixptokenout show 0 0
                nile qm reg replicationdebugcounters show 1 0
                nile qm reg replicationdebugcounters show 0 0
                arsenic mmap i_read 0x40 0008010c
                arsenic mmap i_read 0x40 0009010c
                arsenic mmap i_read 0x40 0026010c
                arsenic mmap i_read 0x45 0008010c