[c-nsp] ASR9K VSM

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 04:28:46 EDT 2016

Hi,

The card is capable of 60mil translations, but you have to 'partition' your
traffic into at least 2 ServiceApp interface pairs (4 ServiceApp interfaces
total).

The port drops mean that the 'inside' IP/ports couldn't be mapped because
there is not enough ports left on give public IP. Do you do block
allocations? How many inside IPs per one outside IP? If these drops are
increasing quickly it means that your customers are most likely having
issues accessing the internet. The number of ports will be generally
specific to your customer base (for example setup for mobile tends to be
able to get away with less ports then customers on fibre access).

No translation drops are generally harmless - these are things like port
scans across your ranges, packets received past time-outs for give
protocols, etc.

kind regards
Pshem