[c-nsp] ASR920 stops routing unexpectedly

James Jun james at towardex.com
Wed May 11 09:24:16 EDT 2016

Hi Eric,

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 05:48:17AM -0400, Eric Van Tol wrote:
> I am now on my third day with TAC on this problem and they are driving me up a wall. I have an ASR-920-24SZ-M that has been in service for almost a year, on 3.15.0S running ISIS, BFD on one link, BGP, LDP, MPLS. Shortly after midnight this past Saturday, it stopped routing for no apparent reason. As we have it connected to an ethernet OOB network, I was able to get in it to take a look.

How much traffic was your A920 doing at the times when it went stopped forwarding traffic?

> I'm running 3.15.0S, but don't want to upgrade without knowing what this is. I found this link to an old discussion:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/191739#191739

I believe this is related to CSCux98051

Symptom:
Transit packet drops in the network with certain packet sequences

Conditions:
1. Certain packet sequences
2. MPLS / VPLS configuration in the network.
3. High traffic rate
4. Combination of traffic streams with varying packet sizes

James