[c-nsp] ASR920 stops routing unexpectedly

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Wed May 11 16:24:12 EDT 2016

If the following conditions are active just before the crash (you can run a script periodically for checking), then you're probably hitting our nasty bug.

1) output of "show platform hardware pp active asic debug 0 | in FIFO" is TRUE
2) hex counters of "show platform hardware pp active asic stat 0 | inc IncomingMissingSopCount" are increasing after consecutive command executions

All these and many more are described in the internal bug notes, but for obvious reasons are not included in the public description.

In any case, i would recommend upgrading to the recommended release immediately (keep an eye on the introduced l3vpn trace & mpls ping caveats) and skip all this tricky troubleshooting.
The whole case was a nightmare for us...

--
Tassos