[c-nsp] ASR9k Bundle QoS in 6.0.1

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu May 12 08:17:52 EDT 2016

On 12 May 2016 at 15:06, Robert Williams <Robert at custodiandc.com> wrote:
> Although thinking about it, can't the central arbiter simply treat it as one virtual queue and distribute the 'tokens' to multiple NPs in a round-robin style? Would it be that significantly different from sending multiple separate streams to separate NPs as in the current model (when used for egress queueing multiple ingress ports to a single egress port)?

There isn't any central arbiter which is aware of all request/grants.
And even if there was, it has no visibility on port's queues. So that
wouldn't work. Only thing I can think of, is counter synchronisation
which does not seem practical at all.
Maybe if each NPU would have another interface towards some shared
memory, I guess that might be possible in theory, but unsure how much
it would impact BOM/thermal/pincount and if anyone would be willing to
pay the premium.

--
  ++ytti