[c-nsp] ASR9001 Vs ASR1006

James Ventre networking at ventrefamily.com
Sat May 14 16:56:37 EDT 2016

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> you'll
> need to do something to ensure that the inlet is getting fresh air from
> the front (and not hot air from the back)

​In our facility, with our racks, the only way make sure they get fresh air
from the front is to use front to back airflow boxes.  The facility seals
off the front of the rack to make sure the two don't mix.  If we use a box
with side intake, it's going to suck in hot air.  There's no way around
it.  The front face of the rack is the only part of the rack that has
access to cold air.  We try to only buy boxes with FtB airflow, but we've
had a few instances where we couldn't, but it wasn't for a lack of trying.