[c-nsp] VSM NAT - throughput

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Sun May 22 20:34:29 EDT 2016

Hi,

With the ISM cards we used to run 4 set of VRFs (and 4 sets of SA
interfaces) to achieve full throughput of the card for NAT. We're upgrading
to VSM cards now, but I'm unable to determine if they also need a similar
split of traffic or not. I seem to recall that they should be able to do
about 60Gb/s of throughput and apparently the traffic needs to be split
into two pairs of SA interfaces to achieve that, but really can't find a
source of that information.

My google fu is failing me today, but perhaps someone can point me to the
relevant document or share some experience.

Thx,

Kind regards
Pshem