[c-nsp] DDOS Attacks Mitigation

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:09:00 EST 2016

This is what we do currently,

We have bunch of ACL on edge asr1k router like fragments etc because most of attack use fragmentation.

Then we have script running every min which poll data from router edge interface and alert is base on bandwidth and PPS rate.

We have nfsen which we will use to find out what kind of ddos it was

If ddos fill our uplink then we do null route manually to Blackhole target IP, it kicked out that server but keep happy other server.

We heard about BGP Flowspec but not confident how does it work and I think ASR1006 doesn't support it.

--
Sent from my iPhone