[c-nsp] MPLS traffic not taking LSP tunnels

Joe Freeman joe at netbyjoe.com
Mon Oct 3 13:17:02 EDT 2016

Greetings all-

I have some 7301's setup with MP-BGP, ISIS/te, and LDP. All of that works.

I'm trying to setup a L3VPN across this network (this is all lab). All my
routes show up on each side of the L3VPN. My tunnels come up between
endpoints.

The problem I'm having is that traffic from the CE routers (2811's) makes
it to the attached PE (7301), but doesn't appear to use the Tunnel to get
across the MPLS network.

I see this in failed pings between the CE routers and traceroutes between
them that show the link addresses of the P routers before the traffic fails.

So, since my Cisco MPLS experience is limited, I'm asking the collective to
point out what issues may cause this type of behavior.

Thanks-
Joe