[c-nsp] OSPF / FRR(rLFA) + Non FRR links

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 06:49:36 EDT 2016

Did you ever fix this, I'm curious if its a bug.

We have some OSPF rLFA FRR  and it "just works", no 7200s though in those rings.

Without a proper topology diagram and configs and difficult to
speculate why you see what you are seeing.

With regards to you comment "Unexpectadly, the ASR920 only creates a
single rLFA tunnel to one of the other ASR920's (All the other
ASR920's create 2)" - Sounds like you were expect 2 tunnels, but why
(because I'm unsure of your topology)? We see varying numbers of
tunnels on devices, we are using per-prefix LFA not per-link as we
have mixed IOS / XE / XR rings.

We use per-prefix rLFA and filter that to loopback addresses so we
don't see the same number of tunnels per device because the topology
isn't usually a perfect ring.

Cheers,
James.